Custom Search

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rick Smith on The Big Miss: Hank Haney violated player-coach confidentiality

It's good to see that some folks have some common sense and a moral compass . . .

Rick Smith on The Big Miss: Hank Haney violated player-coach confidentiality - ESPN:

"Rick Smith, a long-time swing instructor on the PGA Tour and former teacher to Phil Mickelson and other notable players, including Rocco Mediate and Lee Janzen, spoke out on Wednesday at the Arnold Palmer Invitational about Hank Haney's forthcoming book, "The Big Miss," about the teacher's six years as Tiger Woods' swing coach.

"I would rather be broke and not have a penny to my name before I violate the code of player-teacher confidentiality," Smith said. "In 27 years out here, I've never done that. I'm personally upset with Hank because he's broken and violated our code of ethics. If you have the opportunity and you're privileged to conversations, you will not and should not share anything from them with anyone. I don't care who it is.

"For all the guys who have committed their lives to teaching, this should be very upsetting and I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. What Hank did is against the rules.""

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment