Custom Search

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Taste Buds Gone Bad From Pine Nuts

Pine nutsImage via WikipediaI love food and I love wine.  Heaven forbid my taste buds should get out of whack.  If you're a foodie too, you should know about "Pine Mouth." I learned about this syndrome from this ABC news article, 'Pine Mouth': How Pine Nuts Can Ruin Tastebuds for Weeks - Some Pine Nuts Lead to Temporary 'Pine Mouth Syndrome'

Apparently, awareness about this is growing, as evidenced by this Journal of Toxicology article, "Pine mouth" syndrome: cacogeusia following ingestion of pine nuts (genus: pinus). An emerging problem?

Return Home:  The Golf Foodie Blog - http://golffoodie.blogspot.com/
Return Home (for mobile): http://golffoodie.mofuse.mobi/


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment